The Hartman SFZ brings two classic fuzz circuits together in a single pedal. Starting with a pair of meticulously crafted clones of the original Dallas Arbiter Fuzz Face circuit, the SFZ stacks 2 stages of fuzz end-to-end using gain-selected Germanium and Silicon transistor pairs (NOS NKT275 and BC108, respectively).
Each fuzz stage has its own Fuzz and Volume controls, heavy-duty true-bypass footswitch, LED indicator, and may be selected individually or combined as a pair for greater depth, detail, tonal coloration and sustain. Hartman tell us that both fuzz stages respond exceptionally well to touch, player dynamics, changes in guitar volume and to each other. Split internal 18v power with power kill switch permits mixing and matching carbon-zinc and alkaline batteries for even more tonal options.
Optional Internal Bias Trim is available for either or both fuzz circuits. Other options available include the Mayer-Hendrix mod (Germanium stage), an inter-stage Level/Trim control and hybrid pairing of Germanium and Silicon within a single stage.
Hartman SFZ pedals are transistor-matched and assembled to order in the USA .
- 100% hand wired, bench tested and auditioned prior to shipping
- Mil-spec plated-thru-hole printed circuit board (PCB) construction
- Genuine NOS Germanium NKT275 and Silicon BC108 transistors pre-screened and selected for low leakage, proper, and thermal stability.
- 5% carbon composition resistors
- Heavy duty true-bypass switching.
- Reverse-polarity protection.
- External power-switch. No need to unplug the input jack to turn it off.
- Metallic Silver powder-coated heavy-duty die-cast aluminum enclosure.
- RF Shielded.
- Dual ON/OFF LED indicators--amber for Germanium, green for Silicon
- Ships with (2) new carbon-zinc 9v batteries
Pricing and Availability:
List Price: $279.99