Studio Devil from Gallo Engineering is a virtual tube amplifier processor based on authentic models of vacuum tube preamps and power stages. The company say that, while primarily intended for guitar amp modeling and direct recording of both electric guitar and bass, StudioDevil excels wherever natural tube overdrive and distortion is needed.
The first Studio Devil product - Studio Devil BVC (British Valve Custom), a guitar tube amp emulator plug-in, is a free download.
- Authentic 12AX7A vacuum tube preamplifier stage emulation.
- Accurate tone stack controls: Bass, Mids, Treble, Presence
- 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz support
- 4X Up-Sampling Engine with 64-bit Floating-Point Internal Precision
- Compatible with all PC-Based VST hosts (Mac VST coming soon)
Coming soon is the StudioDevil Virtual Amp.
- Three Unique Amplifier Styles: Classic, British, and Modern all based on 12AX7A tube models and tone circuit modeling algorithms.
- Three Independent Channels for each style...Clean, Crunch, and Lead.
- Boost Switch re-configures and "hot-rods" each preamp stage for increased gain and modified lead tone.
- 10 Amp Voicings: FIR-based speaker cabinet and post-production modeling filters give the final sound the finishing touches.
- 180 Amp Configurations with gain, tone, and drive controls for virtually limitless tonal possibilities.
- Authentic Tone Controls: Bass, Mids, Treble, and Presence controls just like those on coveted tube amps.
Pricing and Availability: