RME have announced the new OctaMic II Preamp, a completely new electronic design with increased features based on the OctaMic and OctaMic D devices. The new OctaMic II features 8-channel 192 kHz/24 bit hi-class microphone and line pre-amplification and includes some significant enhancements compared to his predecessors.
RME describe OctaMic II in their own words:
- The balanced TRS inputs of the Neutrik Combo XLR jacks are phantom power-free and can be operated as real line inputs too. The improved design of the input circuits allows for a maximum input level of +21 dBu with a convenient gain range from 0 dB up to 50 dB.
- Improved signal to noise ratio (SNR) ADC 107.5 dB
- Improved THD, especially at high gains
- Optimised heat dissipation by a new and larger housing with improved convection
- Choice of sync sources: internal Clock, AES/SPDIF (via 25 pin D-sub) or Word Clock
- Internal wide range power supply with line filter, insensitive to voltage fluctuations
- Super-stable, short circuit proof 48 V phantom power
The OctaMic II is the straight forward MicPre made by RME. 8 channels of pristine microphone/line pre-amplification made of the finest components available assembled with RME-quality technology with best audio performance in mind. OctaMic II is the perfect solution for building multi-track recording and/or mixing systems with the need for a bigger number of input channels. The OctaMic II also provides the perfect microphone/line input expansion for RMEÂ´s successful Fireface and HammerfallDSP series.
Pricing and Availability:
OctaMic II is shipping in September 2007.
European net price:Euro 1,099.
US MSRP $1,799.