Korg has announced the release of an upgrade for its flagship OASYS workstation synthesizer.
System version 1.3 expands the sound-creation and performance-enhancing potential of OASYS via a host of new features, from practical tweaks to seriously cool new functions.
Hereâ€™s what they have to say in their own wordsâ€¦
KARMA 2.1 has arrived, adding increased functionality and flexibility, not least support for 12 banks of 128 User GEâ€™s (for a total of 1,536), in addition to the 2,048 internal presets. The other user-friendly changes ushered in by OASYS 1.3 include:
- Scene Changes can now be quantized/delayed to an interval in the range of a 16th note triplet, up to four measures, allowing a larger timing value to be entered and thus greater advance selection.
- KARMA patterns can now be triggered in perfect time, even at the fastest tempos, thanks to the introduction of adjustable Quantize Windows.
- Custom Note Maps can now be copied between Programs, Combis and Songs, for a more streamlined workflow.
- EXs expansion sample sets can now be loaded and unloaded without restarting OASYS.
- Each EXi expansion instrument in a dual Program can now be transposed separately, giving greater sonic flexibility.
- All Step Sequencers now provide separate smoothing parameters for attack and decay, allowing more complex tonal changes.
- User Sampling RAM capacity has been expanded, when using EXs-1 and EXs-2 expansion sample pack PCM data, thanks to a new lossless compression method.
A demo version of the new Exi MOD-7 Waveshaping VPM synth, which takes classic forms into uncharted territories of cutting-edge sound generation, is also included with the OASYS 1.3 upgrade. In addition, an optional EXs-3 Brass & Woodwinds Expansion Sample Library is now available, providing over 700MB of expressive, natural-sounding instruments.