Roland's flagship Fantom G workstation (see below for our LIMS shoot) has had an update to the OS in the form of 1.2. With its enhanced sound engine, large colour LCD, ARX and SuperNATURAL expansion pads and all that, the Fantom G is finding a place at the heart of live and studio setups â€“ anyone see Now That's What I call 1983on UK tv at the weekend â€“ Fantom G everywhere...
Anyhow, this new OS upgrade adds:
- Expanded capabilities added to the 152-track song recorder
- New functions added for selecting parts and patches
- Auto-Track function strengthens link between sound generator and tracking
- Input quantizing can now be changed in real-time
- New SMF export, as well as song and phrase edit parameters added
- Maximum RAM memory increased from 512MB to 1GB
"We listened to the Fantom-G community, and this upgrade adds many new features requested by our end-users," says Product Manager Vince LaDuca. "With the additional functionality in version 1.20, the Fantom-G is now the most innovative and DAW-like workstation synthesizer on the market."
Download is free from: