The MX4 uses MADI ( Multichannel Audio Digital Interface) a digital protocol with two MADI connectors (64 channels each) to deliver 128 channels of IO in and out of this PCIe card.
The MX4 also has built-in DSP to give you a virtual SSL mixing console with 4 band SSL E and G type Eqs, channel dynamics per channel and of course that Stereo Bus comporessor everyone raves about.
With extremely low latency â€“ 4 samples we're told, this is on powerful system for digital mixing.
- 128 channels of digital audio I/O over fibre optic MADI.
- Mac or PC compatible SSL 'PCIe-Core Audio Pipeline' drivers.
- Multi client divers â€“ multiple audio applications appear in the mixer and access the I/O simultaneously.
- Very high channel count, high sample rate recording & playback.
- 2 x 64 channel optical MADI ports on half-length PCIe card.
- 1x Wordclock Connector (Software controlled as Input or Output).
- Near Zero (4 samples) latency delivers ideal monitoring environment.
- Full Automatic Delay Compensation (ADC) for VST Plug-Ins, I/Os and external Processing/Conversion Delays.
- Combine with SSL Alpha-Link audio format converters to create complete audio I/O solutions.
Available May 2009 for Â£1295+ tax