TASCAM has launched the CD-200i, a professional, rackmountable CD player with built-in dock for Apple's iPod. Based on TASCAM's CD-200, a CD Player based around TEAC's CD-5020A transport, the CD-200i also plays back audio CDs, MP3 files and even WAV files from CD media. A slide-out tray allows connection of Apple's wildly-successful iPod music player. The iPod can be controlled from the CD-200i's transport buttons or wireless remote, and audio plays from the unbalanced output and S-video output on the rear panel.
The TASCAM CD-200i can be mounted in two rack spaces for installations, studio playback and live sound reinforcement. It has unbalanced RCA outputs, optical and coaxial digital outputs on the rear panel.
- Plays audio CDs, MP3 CDs and WAV file CDs
- Dock connector for Apple iPod charging and playback
- iPod video playback from S-video or composite output
- CD TEXT and ID3 tag support
- Continue, Random and Program play modes
- Repeat All and Repeat Single play modes
- Index Search
- Shock/skip prevention memory buffer
- Â±12% pitch control (analog outputs only)
- RCA unbalanced line outputs (CD and iPod)
- Coaxial and Optical S/PDIF digital out (CD only)
- 1/4" stereo headphone output
- 2u rack mountable
- Wireless 55-key remote control
- 19"W x 3.72" H x 11.73"D
- 9.3 lbs
Pricing and Availability:
The CD-200i is now available from TASCAM resellers and contractors.