TASCAM is launching the PT-7, which they describe as a unique tool for musicians, educators and students combining a tuner, metronome and recorder. The PT-7 starts with a high-speed chromatic tuner, adjustable to 7 alternate scales, with a display ideal for students to practice finding their pitch on wind and string instruments. The metronome plays from the speaker or headphone out at rates form 30 to 300bpm in six time signatures. A mono recorder employs the internal mic to capture song ideas, listen back to a phrase or slow down a tricky passage to play along. Though designed for the acoustic instrument player and educator, the PT-7 is the ideal companion for any instrument player - from student wind instruments to electric guitar.
- High-speed chromatic tuner
- Calibration option
- Oscillator out function
- 8 musical scales (12-note equal temperament, Pythagorean, Mean Tone, Werckmeister III, Kirnberger III, Kellner, Vallotti, Young)
- On-screen display ideal for students' "Pitch Training"
- 30-300 bpm metronome
- Internal speaker or headphone output
- Six time signatures (0-7 beats, duplets, triplets, shuffle, quadplets, quadplets without center beats)
- Record practice through built-in microphone
- Loop and slow down playback without changing the pitch
- Audio playback with pitch correction
- Quickly capture song ideas or phrases
- 20 minute recording time
- Internal speaker
- Headphone Output
- Custom Backlit LCD display
- Powered by AA battery or optional PS-P520 adapter
- Flip stand on rear panel
- 5.9" W x 2.5" D x 1.0" H
- 0.33lbs/150g without battery
- Battery life approx. 10 hours (without backlight) / 4 hours (with backlight)
Pricing and Availability:
The new PT-7 will be available from TASCAM dealers in October 2009 at an estimated street price of $99.