de la mancha tell us that their new sixtyfive is a vintage-style, RMS Compressor, inspired by the dbx 165A, a classic 1970's compressor found in many studios, but also adds a couple of new twists. Here's what they have to say about it...
It's a soft-knee RMS compressor with a vintage flavour. The RMS detection and soft-knee help to give a smooth and musical compression experience, the non-linear response imparts character and the gentle saturation brings colour and warmth. As well as all of the original's features, this version adds parallel compression, extended knob ranges and peak metering.
sixtyfive can deliver a range of compression from gentle smoothing of vocal performances to brutal slamming of your drum buss.
- Vintage style RMS compressors with non-linear response, parallel compression and comprehensive metering
- Subtle colouring from a unique blend of harmonics, saturation and noise
- RMS detection offers natural response
- Soft Knee makes for a less obvious transition
- Wet/Dry control allows blending of dry uncompressed signal for phase-free NY style parallel compression
- Non-linear attack/release curves give unique character
- Auto attack/release with manual option
- Manual attack/release has ultra-low values
- Distortion reduction for very short release times
- Linked Stereo input detection, can be unlinked
- Internal or external sidechain routing
- Additional 'Internal sidechain only' version
- Optional hard limiting on final output
- Metering covers stereo input, output and gain reduction. All meters show actual and peak levels with adjustable peak hold time
- LED display to indicate above and below threshold, and in the knee
- Non-linear knobs for precise control at small values
- 18 presets covering different configurations
Pricing and Availability: