Here's the Boss US press release...
Guitarists, bassists, keyboard players, beatboxers, looping musicians of all sorts: BOSS wants you to bring it on. BOSS Corporation is pleased to launch the Loop Station World Championship. Start by submitting a video performance with any BOSS RC-Series looping product, and the result could be a trip to the U.S. Finals in Hollywood, California. Or, better yet, $3,000 in BOSS gear and a trip to the International Championship at Winter NAMM 2011 in Anaheim, California.
Open Competition -- June 1, 2010 -- August 31, 2010
- Upload a video performance using any BOSS RC-Series Looper to Youtube.com that is five minutes or less.
- Visit www.BossUS.com/LoopStation to fill out entry form.
- Entries will be judged and selected by BOSS, who will be looking at the creativity, musicianship, stage presence, and technical skill of the looping performance.
U.S. Finals -- October 23, 2010
International World Championship -- Winter NAMM, January 13-16, 2011
- Top six entries will be flown in to compete at the BOSS U.S. Loop Station Finals at the Musicians Institute in Hollywood, CA.
- Performances will be judged by a panel of music industry insiders, including:
- Jeff Baxter (The Doobie Brothers, Steely Dan)
- Michael Molenda (Editorial Director -- Guitar Player, Bass Player, EQ, Keyboard Magazines)
- Paul Youngblood (Vice-President of BOSS U.S., Director of BOSS Japan)
- Prizes include:
- 1st Prize - $3,000 in BOSS Gear; trip to the International Championship
- 2nd Prize - $2,000 in BOSS Gear
- 3rd Prize - $1,000 in BOSS Gear
- Winner of the U.S. Finals will represent the United States in the BOSS International Loop Station Championship in Anaheim, CA.
- Performances will be judged by a panel of music industry insiders and celebrities.
- Prizes include:
- 1st Prize - $3,000 in BOSS Gear (2,500 EU)
- 2nd Prize - $2,000 in BOSS Gear (1,500 EU)
- 3rd Prize - $1,000 in BOSS Gear (750 EU)