Eastwest's Doug Rogers and happenin' Grammy Award winning producer David Fridmann have teamed up to produce:
" an unconventional, hip and exciting collection of virtual instruments, some dark and eerie, and some which have been purposely—and skillfully!—mangled, distorted, or effected out of all recognition."
Fridmann, whos work with MGMT, The Flaming Lips, Weezer, Mercury Rev, Saxon Shore, Ammonia, Ed Harcourt, Sparklehorse together with Doug Rogers have produced more than 40GB of instruments, including highly processed drums and bassed, guitars, percusssion and other effected instruments.
HE DARK SIDE includes EASTWEST's PLAY 2 software, which can operate standalone or as a plug-in inside popular DAW hosts that support VST, Audio Units, and RTAS.
Available as A DVD installer, it's priced at $395 from SoundsOnline.com - Eastwests storefront.
- Many instruments have been purposely—and skillfully!—mangled, distorted, or effected out of all recognition (plus a selection of dark and eerie instruments).
- Easy to use browser displays all of your instruments. Interface automatically changes to display current instrument.
- Perfect for pop (to toughen up the hook), alternative (everything you need), and, of course, film, TV, and game music production
- Included are 40GBs of highly processed drums and percussion, basses, guitars, ethnic, keyboard, strings, and FX instruments and sounds, all organized into instrumental groups
- Includes PLAY 2 32-bit and 64-bit* sample player, plug-in and standalone (*64-bit is PC only at this time)
- Easy authorization system puts licenses on hardware iLok, allowing you to use the software on any computer.
- AU, VST, Standalone, Intel Mac (PowerPC requires software version 1.2.5 available online at the updates page), Windows XP, Vista and 7
- SUPPORTED INTERFACES
- PC: VST™, ASIO™, RTAS™
- Mac: VST™, Audio Units™, Core Audio™, RTAS™