Nine Volt Audio's Duo - Tingklik in Kontakt 3/4 format is the second Tingklik sample library we've published news about today. Here's what NVA have to say about it...
Duo - Tingklik: The tingklik's design results in a sound that is both unique and exotic yet immediately useable in a wide range of musical contexts.
Originating from Bali, these marimba-like instruments are made with bamboo, split halfway down their length, are then carved so that a closed tube resonator remains on the other half. The completed keys are mounted to a wooden frame with string, allowing them to sway when hit.
As part of Nine Volt Audio's new Duo product line, we've recorded TWO tingkliks. The "Red" tingklik is a large 11-note model with its lowest bamboo note measuring over 3' long, while the "White" is a smaller 8-note version covering a higher range.
Each tingklik has been played with two stick types, with their sound characteristics as follows:
- "Red" tingklik with traditional rubber mallets: warm, "woody" and resonant tone with a wide dynamic range.
- "Red" tingklik with nylon brushes: ranges from soft tonal clicks to loud "twacks".
- "White" tingklik with rubber ball mallets: pure tone with a nice balance between attack and sustain.
- "White" tingklik with chopsticks: sharp attack that brings upper harmonics to the forefront.
With over 3500 samples and patches that range from dueting arps to modwheel-morphing stick changers, Duo Tingklik brings far-away sounds to your fingertips with a few modern twists along the way.
- Nearly 720 MB of 44.1kHz/24bit samples and 40 Kontakt 3.5/4 instrument patches and multis. Download is 441 MB.
- There are 90+ samples per note sampled on both instruments with all stick types, for a total of 3520 samples. User interface controls are available to control the depth of automatic sample rotation and other humanization features.
- Core natural patches are offered in "Lite", "Medium" and "Large" sizes to accommodate different levels of RAM and CPU usage.
- "Unison" patches are available for both tingkliks allowing for the simulation of two people playing simultaneously. These patches have additional "Spread" and "Detune" user interface controls.
- Arpeggiator patches and multis include 12 patterns per patch. Patterns 1-6 are duple meter (2/4, 4/4), patterns 7-10 triple meter (3/4, 6/8), and patterns 11 and 12 are 5/4 and 7/8, respectively.
- User interface controls are available to alter chromatic playing modes to the instruments' original keys and scales – along with numerous other keys and scales.
- Additional user interface controls include: convolution reverb (with 14 custom IR .wavs), saturation, stereo width, velocity curve, low and high pass filters, delay, low, mid and high EQ gain, AHDSR, remap knob and humanization.
Pricing and Availability: