Virsyn have been in touch to tell us that iVoxel 1.3 is available. Here's the details from their press release...
Version 1.3 changes
- Compatible with Akai SynthStation25
- Improved GUI workflow
- Uses Modwheel to modulate Gender/Vibrato
- Modulate Gender/Vibrato with finger movement up/down
- Hold parameter - holds Voxel at defined moment
- Edit voxel - hear the sound while editing the hold position
- Volume increased for about 12dB
- Many bugs fixed
iVoxel is not only an amazingly sounding vocoder for iPhone/iPod and iPad - the unique concept of iVoxel turns this vocoder into a singing machine going far beyond the capabilities of traditional and software vocoders on any platform. iVoxel lets you:
- Speak or sing into your head set mic transforming your voice in a wide variety of ways.
- Record words, syllables or other sounds into the voxel dictionary for later reuse.
- Play different voxels live on the keyboard with ingenious pitch bending.
- Arrange and play melodies with the built in sequencer and add the lyrics from a user expandable dictionary of voxels.
iVoxel is a combination of a voice optimized synthesizer and a vocoder with an unprecedented intelligibility. The vocoder part is based on the Matrix vocoder from VirSyn used by many famous artists - one of them the well known german group Kraftwerk. The channel filters used by iVoxel are based on the Sennheiser Vocoder VSM201 resulting in a rich and fat analogue sound characteristic.
Pricing and Availability: