Big Tick Audio has released Zen 1.5, a major update to the free 'universal presets manager'.
Here's what's new:
- Major code rewrite, separating Zen into a core library (ZenCore) and the Zen Browser itself
- Added midi-controlled “virtual bank” slots, where presets from different vstis can be stored
- Replaced tooltips with a contextual help box
- Added support for Zen-aware plugins, including assets management
- Added ‘hidden’ flag to permanently hide presets from search results
- Fixed various UI refresh issues
- Fixed crashes when duplicating instances in Ableton Live
- Fixed button for creating own tags on OSX
- Invalid designer keys are now rejected immediately
- Optimized dynamic memory allocations
- Changes for 64bits compatibility
The virtual banks feature is a new addition, very useful for live use, where loading a new vsti, with a given preset, can now be automated with a single program change.
Zen has 32 slots, corresponding to Midi programs 01..32. To assign a preset to a slot, just drag it from the results list. The video below shows the basic usage.
Zen 1.5 is available now for Mac & PC.