Nothing like moving a bit of air with a bass and Puremagnetik have just been doing just that - take a Moog Taurus II bass pedal and sampled it through a variety of amplifiers, speaker and microphone combinations and created 20 instruments for Ableton Live, Kontakt, Logic and EXS Universal Formats.
While the original Taurus II was limited to it's 2 octave pedal keyboard, Puremagnetik was able to stretch the range to 3 octaves using an aftermarket modification, so you get a larger range too.
Amp and microphone combos used for Zodiak
Peavey Classic 50
2x 12 inch speakers
Beyerdynamic M160 Mic
Kustom 200 Bass Amp
2x 15 inch speakers
Electrovoice RE20 Mic
Galien Krueger MB500
Ampeg SVT 15 inch speaker
Sennheiser 421 Mic
• A library of over 20 multisampled programs
• Over 800 High Quality 24 bit samples
• Advanced Ableton Live Macro Controls
• Completely integrated KSP user interface for Kontakt
• EXS Universal file format for easy importing into any audio host
Pricing: if you are a subscriber to the Puremagnetik downloads, you can get hold of it right now, otherwise it will be available soon as a one-off paid product.