Steinberg has announced the upcoming release of Nuendo 6, the latest and most powerful iteration of their production environment tailored to post and audio production studios.
Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg, told Sonic State, "Nuendo 6 is the culmination of many months of research, development and cooperation. With great new features like our new mixing console, IOSONO's Anymix Pro, loudness metering and the complete ADR taker solution, we're sure to have addressed the ever changing needs of Nuendo post-professionals around the globe."
Here's the details directly from Steinberg:
Among the new features presented in Nuendo 6 is the entirely new mixing console with full-screen mode and scalability, including Insert View for displaying activated insert slots, plug-in and channel search and integrated Control Room. Also on board is the brand-new channel strip boasting high-pass and low-pass filters, a noise gate that supports sidechaining, various compressors and a brickwall limiter. Nuendo 6 comes with the newly designed Channel Settings window providing immediate access to channel parameters, MixConvert v6 for individual downmixing in unprecedented quality and Voxengo's 64-band CurveEQ. With the IOSONO Anymix Pro 1.3 plug-in, Nuendo 6 now provides automatic EQ and loudness adjustments to surround sound signal panning and allows for quality upmixing up to 8.1 surround sound. Also included are EBU R128 standard compliant loudness metering with RMS metering scales and the Loudness Lane for writing the loudness curve on an individual track while Nuendo's new ADR taker system offers a comprehensive solution for ADR and language dubbing. Other additions are MemZap to store and recall zoom settings and positioning within the project, VST Connect SE for collaborating over the Internet and Remote Control Editor for easy mapping of effect and instrument parameters to external controllers. Remote Control Editor supports Avid System 5 MC, Avid Artist Series, Mackie Control, WK-Audio ID Console, Yamaha DM2000 and many more. A redesigned user interface, VariAudio 2.0, ASIO-Guard with drop-out prevention algorithms to guarantee optimum performance and a 1.5 GB library by Pro Sound Effects ranging from animal to war effect sounds complement the wealth of features newly introduced to the Nuendo 6 advanced post and audio production system.
Nuendo 6 has been tested on professional HP Z workstations for maximum reliability and certified performance.
Nuendo 6 is at the heart of the Nuage system solution, a novel platform for post-production introduced by Yamaha and Steinberg. The dedicated control surface, audio interface hardware and Nuendo 6 are interlinked to allow for custom configurations.
The optional Nuendo 6 Expansion Kit (NEK) comprises features that turn Nuendo into a fully fledged composing application. Included are the new Chord Track, which detects and modifies the harmony structure of MIDI and audio tracks edited in VariAudio, and Chord Assistant, newly introduced to bridge chords and generate harmonic chord progressions. Further additions are Hermode tuning for dynamic retuning in real time, 300 new instrument sounds for HALion Sonic SE and the Retrologue virtual-analog and Padshop granular synthesizers.
Nuendo 6 features at a glance
• The world's most efficient audio post-production environment, featuring industry-proven tools for TV, film, advertising, games and multimedia productions as well as full integration with the Nuage pro-audio hardware
• Groundbreaking new mixing console follows the single-window concept and includes numerous functions that speed up your workflow
• Nuendo 6 ADR taker solution for voice recording and language dubbing makes external ADR systems redundant
• Fully integrated loudness measurement, featuring EBU-compliant metering plus a large choice of RMS metering scales and a dedicated loudness lane
• Nuendo 6 channel strip upgrades your mix by offering direct access to studio-grade plug-ins
• Anymix Pro from IOSONO for state-of-the-art surround productions, highlighting the world's most flexible surround panner as well as quality upmixing algorithms
• Voxengo CurveEQ with sound-matching technology for transferring the sound characteristics from one track to another
• Redesigned user interface with lightning-fast parameter access, new channel settings window and MemZap quick-jump technology
• Steinberg ASIO-Guard with intelligent dropout-prevention algorithms for an even more reliable playback
• Remote Control Editor allows you to easily assign individual effect and instrument parameters to your hardware controller
• Pro Sound Effects post-production library with 1.5 GB of sound material from animal noises to foley to warfare sounds in 24-bit quality
Nuendo 6 Expansion Kit features at a glance
• Professional notation and score printing environment derived from Cubase 7
• More musical than ever thanks to the new Chord Track that helps you detecting the harmony structure of your song
• Intelligent composing assistant helps you with the creation of simple pop to complex jazz chord sequences
• Pure tuning -- thanks to the Hermode technology the intonation of your synthesized notes are changed dynamically on the fly
• Create your harmonies with VariAudio 2.0 and pitch them correctly all time
• Retrologue lets you create fat and funky lead and bass sounds and offers those old-school analog synth sounds and biting sonic blocks
• Padshop boasts granular synthesis at its finest to create fantastic-sounding spheres that expand your sound universe
• Go hybrid with HALion Sonic SE and benefit from 300 pristine and rich-sounding instrument sounds
• More plug-ins: Beat Designer, LoopMash 2, Groove Agent ONE, Mystic, Spector and Monologue
Pricing and Availability:
Nuendo 6 and the Nuendo 6 Expansion Kit will be available in the first quarter of 2013 at authorized Yamaha resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.
The suggested retail price for Nuendo 6 is 1,699 euros, including German VAT. The suggested retail price for the Nuendo 6 Expansion Kit is 249 euros, including German VAT.
Various boxed and downloadable updates are also available from resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop.
Customers who have activated Nuendo 5 since November 14, 2012, are eligible for a free, downloadable Grace Period update to the latest version. Restrictions may apply.
More From: STEINBERG
Still sticking up for the little guy after 15 years