Steinberg has announced the release of the first free update for their Cubasis sequencer app for iOS.
Carlos Mendoza Rohde, product marketing manager at Steinberg, told Sonic State, "Cubasis 1.1 takes full advantage of the many music apps supporting Audiobus, resulting in a flexible and more powerful DAW for your iPad than before."
Audiobus allows multiple iOS apps to integrate seamlessly with Cubasis for audio input and processing in a single project.
Sebastian Dittmann from Audiobus, said, "Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Cubasis is compatible with iPad 2 (48 voices), iPad 3 (64 voices), iPad 4 (64 voices) and iPad mini (48 voices) running iOS 6. Cubase versions compatible with Cubasis are Cubase 7, Cubase 6.5, Cubase Artist 7, Cubase Artist 6.5, Cubase Elements 6, Cubase LE 6 and Cubase AI 6. Installing the Cubase project import extension is a requirement.
Features at a glance
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• Over 70 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• Mixer with over 10 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 300 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy and email
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Sequence other Core MIDI apps (MIDI recording only) and run Cubasis simultaneously via background audio
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes file sharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
• Audio mixdown and MIDI export
• Audiobus support
Pricing and Availability:
Cubasis is available as download through the App Store. The price is 44.99 euros including German VAT.
We take a look at the newest Nord Drum
MIDI up your drums with these aluminium balls
Dynamo, Tromsø and Hendrikson make their debut