Nomad Factory tells us that they have been hard at work innovating new ways to work with virtual effects. They say that MAGMA 1.5 is the culmination of their unique design approach that combines the power of advanced synthesizer-style control routings with a large array of integrated virtual effects plug-ins. They believe that the result is a multi-effects plug-in suite that transcends the realm of recording and mixing tools, becoming a creative suite for DJs, sound designers, and musicians, as well as engineers and producers.
Bernie Torelli, founder and chief developer for Nomad Factory, told us, "The new MAGMA is a dream for DJs, producers, and musicians, because there has never been an effects plug-in that speaks their language before now. By adding the Modulation Matrix, automation controls, and 3rd party VST support, we've made an extremely flexible and deep effects plug-in, yet one that is familiar to sound designers. For example, no one would have thought of adding an LFO to a graphic EQ, or an envelope to a compression ratio until now. With the latest version of MAGMA, you can do just about anything you can imagine."
Here's the full details in Nomad Factory's own words:
MAGMA version 1.5 adds two significant new modules. The first is a Modulation Matrix with up to 32 source/destination routings, 8 programmable LFOs, and a programmable 16-step Envelope Generator that allows users to create up to 8 unique envelopes for modulation sources. All sources, including MIDI messages, can control any parameter of any MAGMA effect loaded in the virtual rack. The second new module is called the VST Chainer, which allows users to load and access all other Nomad Factory plug-ins or any 3rd party VST plug-in for use in the MAGMA routing and processing environment.
Both of these modules are offered as a no-cost upgrade from version 1 of MAGMA that already features new types of audio processing, routing, and flexibility in a simple, intuitive package.
MAGMA 1.5 comes with 65 All New Effects. Featuring 1-rack-unit interfaces that can be loaded and rearranged using up to four racks, MAGMA also comes with a flexible routing matrix enabling serial, parallel or combined routings.
Effects categories include Dynamics, Equalizers, Pre-Amps, Distortions, Reverbs, Delays, Modulation, Sequencers, Filters, Special FX, and Guitar FX.
The Modulation Matrix takes MAGMA to the next level of creativity and control by giving users 8 LFO's and 8 envelopes that can be freely assigned to any plug-in parameter within the rack. LFOs and envelopes can move knobs automatically for you without using automation, which will make your MAGMA FX racks spring to life!
• 8 Freely Assignable LFOs
• 8 Freely Assignable Envelopes
• Move any knob in any rack automatically without automation
• Control Assign allows for quick One-Click LFO/Envelope assignment
• Right-click any parameter within a rack for a quick assignment
• Create complex FX machines that were previously unimaginable
The VST Chainer opens up MAGMA to the vast universe of 3rd party VST audio plug-ins. Each VST Chainer allows up to 8 VST audio plug-ins to be loaded simultaneously per rack. With 16 different rack spaces, Magma can host up to 16 VST Chainers, which results in a whopping 128 simultaneous 3rd party effects. Mix and match internal Magma FX racks with 3rd party FX and save your favorite combinations for later use.
• Load your favorite 3rd party VST Plug-ins into Magma
• Pop-up editor to access the original plug-in's GUI
• Chain up to 8 effects together per rack, multiplied by 16 total racks = up to 128 simultaneous effects
• Mix and match internal Magma FX with 3rd party VSTs
• Save and Recall your favorite VST Chainer combinations
MAGMA's Virtual Studio Rack (VSR) technology enables users to stack dozens of interchangeable effects in a seemingly infinite number of combinations, all in one easy-to-use plug-in. MAGMA makes it easy to mix and match effects, create and recall unique chains, and process audio in unique ways. Using MAGMA is like having a Virtual Studio Rack with a large number of effects at your disposal.
• Includes 65 high-quality, custom, unique effects racks
• New Modulation Matrix with 32 source/destination routings
• Modulation Matrix includes 8 LFOs, 8 programmable 16-stage envelopes, all tempo-synced
• VST Chainer that allows loading 3rd Party plug-ins
• Drag & Drop effects to any rack position
• Four Easy-to-use Virtual Racks
• Flexible Routing Matrix
• Presets Browser Window
• 600+ Factory Presets Included
• Serial Number Authorization (Up to Five Computers, no Challenge/Response, no dongle)
Pricing and Availability:
Both boxed and download versions of MAGMA are available now at ILIO.com and from dealers everywhere. The current release version is 1.5.1. MAGMA is available at a street price of $179 (MSRP $199).
More From: NOMAD FACTORY
PreSonus unveils third-generation StudioLive Series III consoles
Richard Nichol was on hand to show of the new pieces in the Lifeforms range