Hypersynth has revealed details of their forthcoming Xenophone synth on their website. Here's what they have to say...
Xenophone is an advanced analog mono-synth with 100% analog signal path. It has three oscillators, two subs, three ring modulators, one multimode VCF and analog distortion, all based on discrete analog circuits followed by a high quality stereo digital delay and reverb. The extensive modulation capabilities of the sound engine plus the warm and unique character of Xen's filter enriched by built-in analog distortion make it the best choice for creating deep basses, aggressive leads, transparent and crisp synth lines, acid sequences, complex arpeggios, punchy percussive sounds, extreme SFXs and more. Besides the synthesis capabilities, it can be used as a powerful audio processor to colorize an external input signal by analog filter, distortion and DFX.
Control and User Interface:
26 encoders and 27 buttons put all the major parameters easily reachable with no menu diving. The Encoders smoothly turn and provide you 96 steps per rotation that mimic pot's feeling and sweep range. The layout is designed in a way to be simple and intuitive. Using 88 LEDs and a free-angle OLED display, it is easy to get the idea of the current preset at a glance. Master Tempo and all LFOs have blinking LEDs that show the BPM and rates. The presets can be previewed without external keyboard using 3 buttons in 3-octave range or pre-defined notes. User interface is easy to learn and creative with no useless bells and whistles. You can get a huge sound out of the box only with a few tweaks and changes.
Enclosure and Connectivity:
Xenophone has a rigid Aluminum enclosure that comes with a pair of vintage style hand-made wooden side panel that made out of maple wood in two options: flat and tilted.
The box connects to the outside world using 2x balanced outputs (stereo), 1x headphone jack, 1x external input, 1x CV input, MIDI in/out, USB and DC power in.
MIDI and DAW Integration:
Xenophone can function as a standalone instrument or fully programmable synth. It responds to the standard MIDI messages plus dedicated CC and NRPNs. The maximum implemented resolution in NRPN mode is 12bit, 4096 steps for filter frequency that provides super smooth sweep over the frequency range in compare to 127 steps CC standard!
The computer integration is an important feature of a modern synth that plays vital role in the studio. Xenophone comes with a software editor called: XEditor. Using this editor you can control and automate every parameter of the sound engine remotely via MIDI and storing your patches on your PC and vise-versa. It also helps you in deep and precise editing the patches. "XEditor" will be available as standalone and VST plug-in.
- 3 Oscillators with 6 Waveforms: Saw, Square, Triangle, Variable Shape Saw-Sqr and Tri-Sqr
- 2 Subs + 2 XOR rings
- Oscillator special features: Hard sync, Phase sync, Phase adjustment, Square PW, Shape Modulation, Detune, FM, Analog Drift
- 4 types of noise: White, Pink, Red, C64 (pitched)
- 1 Analog Ring modulator
- 1 Multimode VCF with 6 filter types and 3 selectable slopes: 12,18, 24dB (Lowpass , Highpass, Bandpass, Notch, 18LP>6HP, 12LP>6HP)
- VCF self-oscillation with Sinus, Triangle and Clipped Triangle wave in different modes
- Filter FM via Oscillator1 (audio rate modulation of filter freq)
- Precise filter keytracking including: note pitch, portamento and pitchbend signal
- 3 LFOs with 6 Waveforms (Sin, Tri, Saw, Sqr, S&H, S&Glide)
- LFO Features: Sync, Reset, Freq Range= 0 - 100Hz
- LFO1 and 3 have 6 easy access mod targets independent from mod matrix
- 3 Envelope Generators: Amp, Filter, Mod (6-stage DAHDSR from 1mS to 30S)
- 4 Envelope Styles (Analog RC1, RC2, Exponential, Digital Linear)
- 3 Envelope Trigger modes (Always, Legato, LFO2 S&H)
- Loop option for all envelopes
- 8-Slot Modulation Matrix (up to 33 mod sources and 50 mod targets)
- CV Input as mod source
Effects and Main bus
- 3 Types Analog Distortion (light, harsh, massive)
- 24-bit Stereo Digital FX (Room, Hall, Cathedral, Gated, Plate, Delay, Delay+Reverb, Ping Pong Delay)
- Feedback loop via external audio input
- Stereo output with balance control
- Low noise and high quality VCAs for amplitude and balance
Arpeggiator and Sequencer
- Arpeggiator with gate adjustment, various spans and 15 clock divisions (syncable to MIDI clock)
- 16x4 step sequencer per program
- Sequencer features: Note Slide, (Note, Velocity, AUX Track1, AUX Track2)
Hardware and Controls
- 26 Soft touch knobs + 27 Buttons
- 88 LED indicators
- 2x20 Character OLED display
- 3 buttons for previewing presets
- 2 knobs acting as Mod-wheel and After-touch
- 512 Sound Programs
Ins and Outs
- Stereo audio output: 2x 1/4" TRS jacks (Balanced)
- External audio input: 1x 1/4" TRS jack (Unbalanced)
- Headphone Out: 1x 1/4" TRS stereo jack
- CV input: 1x 1/4" TRS jack
- MIDI In, MIDI Out
- USB port
- DC Power input
- Rigid aluminum enclosure + wooden side panels
- Dimensions: 12.9" L x 6.5" W x 1.9" H (32.8 cm x 16.7 cm x 5 cm)
- Weight: ~2.2 lb (1 kg)
* Includes universal power supply for 110V – 240V AC operation (12 VDC, 1A)
Pricing and Availability:
Hypersynth hope to start taking pre-orders by the end of the October 2013.
More From: HYPERSYNTH
We also got a look at their prototype Eurorack formant filter