Steinberg has announced WaveLab 8.5, a purchasable point update for the award-winning audio editing and mastering software. Available from June, WaveLab 8.5 includes new and easy file conversion and batch processing, A/B comparison between encoding formats, AAC encoder implementation and convenient multi-format rendering.
Timo Wildenhain, product marketing manager at Steinberg, told us, "This update marks an important step forward for the eighth iteration of WaveLab, focusing this round on encoding and processing audio files in a most efficient way."
The new automated Watch Folder rendering feature applies processing to all audio files drag-and-dropped into designated folders. Users can now assign tasks, such as dithering, normalization, plug-in rendering and audio file format conversion, to any number of Watch Folders without having WaveLab open. Putting a big emphasis on working with codecs, WaveLab 8.5 sports the new Encoder Checker plug-in for real-time comparison of codecs and settings, with an FFT graph allowing for a precise analysis of the compressed sound quality. WaveLab now also supports encoding to the AAC file format to ensure compatibility with iTunes and related Apple hardware. Introducing new multi-format rendering capabilities facilitates exporting files to various formats simultaneously, and with much more ease than in previous versions.
Features at a glance
• Top-end audio editing and mastering solution, acclaimed by numerous professionals around the globe
• Advanced EBU R128-compliant loudness metering, including a loudness graph, loudness meta normalizing and true peak support
• Sonnox Restoration Suite, error correction tools, spectrum-editing and analysis tools with 3D and global analysis
• Watch Folders batch processor using standard folders of the operating system to process and render audio files
• Encoder Checker for quality comparison of the most popular audio codecs
• AAC encoder for compatibility to iTunes as well as further broadcast and online streaming formats
• More than 40 plug-ins including iZotope MBIT+ high-end master dither, Voxengo CurveEQ, Brickwall Limiter and more
• Intuitive speaker and plug-in management, professional editing toolset for precise cutting and high-resolution zooming
• DDP image creation and extensive metadata support
Pricing and Availability:
The WaveLab 8.5 full retail version will be available from June 2014 as boxed version from authorized Steinberg resellers and through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price is 549 euros, including German VAT.
The WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 plus further updates and upgrades will also be available from June 2014 as download through the Steinberg Online Shop. The suggested retail price for the WaveLab 8.5 update from WaveLab 8 is 49.99 euros, including German VAT.
Kontakt based hybrid library combines instruments with synths
Emulate multiple mics, change proxmity and axis on the fly with UA Hardware