Arturia's Beatstep was a bit of a hit from last year. This year the Beatstep Pro has even more wow, certainly a good looking peice of hardware. With plenty of connectivity it looks like it means business. Rebecca Crabb takes us through its high points.
- Two independent 64 step sequencers with randomness, swing, probability and a roller/looper function,
- 16 track drum pattern sequencer with "808-style" note entry
- expanded 16 project (each featuring 16 sequence) memory with LED menus for recall.
- Sequences MIDI and Computer (VST/DAW etc) via USB,
- Expanded analogue CV outputs, with pitch, gate and "velocity" output per sequence
- 8 gate outputs for triggering analogue drums and synthesizers
- analogue clock I/O for synchronisation to external analogue gear.