You may have head about KV331 Synthmaster synth, its got a lot of fans - Zedd, Armin Van Buuren, Martin Garrix, and a heap of praise from the press. Its also got some pretty heavy weight sound designer creating patches for it of which there are literally thousands.
With a semi modular architecture, plenty of Oscillator types, filter types and an arpeggiator, some might say an embarrassment of riches.
Reviewer Tosh from Wij Productions gives it a once over.
Synthmaster 2.7 is available now in AU, Cross platform VST and AAX priced at $99.
- Basic Oscillators: Sine, Square, Triangle, Sawtooth, Pulse, Noise, single cycle waveforms and multisampled WAV/AIFFs defined in SFZ files. Each oscillator comes with 17 different algorithms in the following categories: Spectral (LP, HP, LS, HS, BP, BS), Bend (Bend+, Bend-, Bend+/-), Sync (Rect Window, Half Cos Window, Cos Window, Tri Window, Saw Window), Pulse (Pulse1, Pulse2) and Quantize.
- Additive Oscillators: An 'Additive' oscillator is actualy 8 'basic' oscillators running together.
- Vector Oscillators: A 'Vector' oscillator consists of 4 'basic' oscillators, mixed at different ratios. The mix ratios are determined by 2 orthogonal parameters in 2 dimensions: 'X Index' and 'Y index'.
- Wavetable Oscillators: 16 different waveforms shapes. The position of the waveform can be adjusted using the 'wave index' parameter.
- Stereo Oscillators with Unison/Voice Stacking: Oscillators in SynthMaster have stereo output. Using the "voices", "voices mix", "detune curve", "detune spread", "pan spread", "tone spread" and "phase spread" parameters, each basic/wavetable oscillator can generate a rich "supersaw" type sound.
- Analog Filters: Continuously variable slope, 3 different CPU settings: "Basic", "Normal" and "High".
- Digital Filters: Bi-quad filters with a hard limiter in their output. The limiter features an envelope follower with attack, release and threshold parameters.
- Multimode Filters: It is possible to switch from Lowpass to Bandpass to Highpass filter types continuously. For analog multimode filters, it is also possible to change the slope of the filter continuously from 0 db/oct to 24 db/oct.
- Dual Filters: Two multimode filters can be run simultaneously, either in parallel, or in series. The mix ratios between the filters, and the topology (parallel/series) between them can be changed continuously, as well as the modes and cutoff frequencies of the filters.
- Comb Filters: Comb filters are digital filters used in physical modelling synthesis.
- Before/Inside/After Filter Distortion
- 11 different effect types: Distortion, LoFi, Ensemble, Phaser, 6 Band EQ, Compressor, Vocoder, Delay, Chorus, Tremolo, Reverb.
- Flexible Effects Routing: Effect types can be inserted on any layer insert or on any of the 2 global effect bus inserts.
- Microtuning: SynthMaster supports Scala tuning