Yuri Turov tells us that Shoom is an expressive XY pad synthesizer, or, more precisely, three identical synthesizers in one app. A spokesperson said, "It is capable of playing any pitch in the audible range and doesn't necessarily limit you to a particular scale. Nevertheless, if you do want to use scales, Shoom can deliver anything from common 12-tone equal tempered to xenharmonic and microtonal."
• Three independent synthesizers
• 20–20,000 Hz pitch range
• Slide freely or snap notes to scale with adjustable glide rate
• Set notes to infinite hold using a dedicated toggle
• Microtonal and non-octave repeating scales support
• MIDI CC control and clock sync (MIDI note input coming in a later update)
• Inter-App Audio, Audiobus 2 support
• 60+ bundled presets
• Import and export of presets and CC maps
Synthesizer engine features:
• Adjustable polyphony, up to 30 voices
• Two oscillators with 4 waveforms and PWM, and one noise generator
• Oscillator FM cross-modulation
• 4 pole (24 dB/octave) resonant low pass filter with overdrive and pitch tracking
• 2 variable slope ADSR envelopes for amplitude and filter cutoff
• 2 LFOs with 9 waveforms, up to 3 out of 12 simultaneously assignable parameters, trigger and global running modes, fade-in and phase controls
• Y axis position as modulation source with up to 3 of 15 simultaneously assignable parameters
• Note pan randomizer
• Built-in stereo delay and reverb effects
Pricing and Availability:
$5.99 at the app store.
Separate audio into separate tracks and groove away
One hell of a hardware sequencer...