No flash plug
RealPlayer | Lo QuickTime | Lo Windows Media | Lo
The Kaptivator is designed to let you sample, mix, process and play back hundreds of video clips - including live video - in real-time, without the need for any additional equipment.
* First of its kind video performance instrument featuring a familiar and intuitive interface.
* Fast and smooth operation of multiple tasks, from video sampling to playback, mixing, effects and final output.
* The kaptivator can sample and save up to 800 video 'clips'. Use the sixteen clip pads to access and play individual clips.
* The clip pads are arranged in groups; eight in Group A and eight in Group B. You can play and mix a clip from each group, allowing two simultaneous sources. The external video input provides a third source.
* Two built-in LCD screens allow you to monitor the live video input and output, as well as your saved clips. Each screen is also equipped with a monitor output.
* Multi-mode LCD screens allow the video content of all 16 pads to be seen in a single glance.
* Easily add effects like speed change, reverse, random playback, and scratch during playback.
* Rotary, slider and ribbon controllers provide simultaneous control of multiple operations.
* Fifteen types of routing schemes let you select a variety of insert points from among the internally stored video, external input video, and mixes of these sources.
* Fifteen effects including Invert, Blurring, Colorize and more provide dynamic manipulation and enhancement of any video performance.
* One hundred editable 'Style' setups instantly recall video signal routing, effects and controller combinations.
* The Motion Sequence function can record and play back controller movements and effect changes. You can save and recall 100 Motion Sequences.
* The audio trigger input can detect BPM or dynamics from an external audio source, allowing the music to control the video playback.
* The playback speed of each video clip can be set to match the tempo of the music by specifying a BPM setting and a BPM synchronization style.
* The 'Main Out Capture' function (*provisional name) provides an eight second buffer to capture the signal from the main output. This can be resampled after applying effects, mixing or overdubbing the signal - or even used as a third video source.
* DV connection can accept or send digital video format (DV) signals to or from a DV camera.
* PAL and NTSC compatible.
* PAL/NTSC conversion is provided. Video recorded in either format can be used.
* Preset samples of original video created by front-line VJs and video artists is provided.