Korg have introduced the kaptivator Dynamic Video Station which they claim 'delivers unprecedented video performance with the solid reliability and operating feel available only on dedicated hardware.'
The Kaptivator is designed to let you sample, mix, process and play back hundreds of video clips - including live video - in real-time, without the need for any additional equipment.
* First of its kind video performance instrument featuring a familiar and intuitive interface.
* Fast and smooth operation of multiple tasks, from video sampling to playback, mixing, effects and final output.
* The kaptivator can sample and save up to 800 video 'clips'. Use the sixteen clip pads to access and play individual clips.
* The clip pads are arranged in groups; eight in Group A and eight in Group B. You can play and mix a clip from each group, allowing two simultaneous sources. The external video input provides a third source.
* Two built-in LCD screens allow you to monitor the live video input and output, as well as your saved clips. Each screen is also equipped with a monitor output.
* Multi-mode LCD screens allow the video content of all 16 pads to be seen in a single glance.
* Easily add effects like speed change, reverse, random playback, and scratch during playback.
* Rotary, slider and ribbon controllers provide simultaneous control of multiple operations.
* Fifteen types of routing schemes let you select a variety of insert points from among the internally stored video, external input video, and mixes of these sources.
* Fifteen effects including Invert, Blurring, Colorize and more provide dynamic manipulation and enhancement of any video performance.
* One hundred editable 'Style' setups instantly recall video signal routing, effects and controller combinations.
* The Motion Sequence function can record and play back controller movements and effect changes. You can save and recall 100 Motion Sequences.
* The audio trigger input can detect BPM or dynamics from an external audio source, allowing the music to control the video playback.
* The playback speed of each video clip can be set to match the tempo of the music by specifying a BPM setting and a BPM synchronization style.
* The 'Main Out Capture' function (*provisional name) provides an eight second buffer to capture the signal from the main output. This can be resampled after applying effects, mixing or overdubbing the signal - or even used as a third video source.
* DV connection can accept or send digital video format (DV) signals to or from a DV camera.
* PAL and NTSC compatible.
* PAL/NTSC conversion is provided. Video recorded in either format can be used.
* Preset samples of original video created by front-line VJs and video artists is provided.