CME have announced version 1.8 firmware for their Bitstream 3X MIDI Controller.
CME say that, as the world' s first 3 axis MIDI controller, Bitstream 3X is a completely new direction in MIDI controllers and is perfect for controlling Virtual Instrument, DAWs, and even other MIDI hardware. This compact desktop unit is the only 3 axis (X,Y and Z) controller on the market and includes 35 knobs, 8 sliders, 16 buttons, a joystick, a cross-fader and an infrared controller. The joystick controls the X and Y axis while the infrared beam controls the Z axis.
The Bitstream 3x is fully programmable and includes more than 13,000 presets for popular samplers, synthesizers, and software including Propellerheads Reason and Rebirth, Steinberg Cubase, Ableton Live, Native Instruments Reaktor, Traktor, Kontakt, and Absynth, Fruity Loops and more. An 8 track motion sampler, transport functions, and a large LCD display round out this versatile unit.
The major changes of the firmware compared with the produced units are:
- Hook mode can now be enabled/disabled independently
- Able to generate SMPTE sync (24, 25, 30 dropped and 30 Frames per second)
- Arppegiator now features 64 scenes, independent from the 100 existing Snapshot scenes
- Scenes can now be launched from incoming Program Changes (0-99)
- After a reset to factory default, the arppegiator is now initialized in automatic mode
- Start/Stop/Pause bitmaps are now updated when the bs3x is synchronized from external
- Switch mode [Jump/Toggle] was not properly updated from configuration software
- The activity of the arpeggio is now diplayed on the LCD
- The operating mode was not properly set when updated from menus
- When inserting checksums into sysexs : the Roland method is now applied
- When a MIDI STOP/START realtime event is received, all automations are re-
- Motion sampler track length can now be updated only when the track is armed to record
- LFO can now be synched to measures : from 0.5 measure to 8 measures (0.5 measure step)
- Improved Mackie control emulation:* Faders bank change are now emulated by changing MIDI channels instead of groups
- In Reason mode, all buttons are automatically configured in push mode
More information, downloads and registration: