Focusrite has announced their first mobile app. They say that, Tape, available for the iPad, combines classic style recording with contemporary functionality.
A spokesperson told us, "Tape is a beautiful recording solution, with easy to use 2-track recording, instant mastering, customisable tape artwork and social media connectivity. Use Tape to record from the inbuilt iPad microphone or any Core Audio compliant audio interface (including products from the Focusrite iTrack and Scarlett product ranges), and instantly add polish with one button compression. Then, simply add a title and album artwork and share online with friends and fans via Soundcloud."
– Record two separate inputs, or link them as a stereo pair
– Use the meters to ensure input levels are just right
– Plug and play support for Core Audio Compliant audio interfaces (including the Focusrite iTrack Solo and Scarlett range)
– Low latency monitoring allows you to listen to your performance as you record
– Apply mastering effects and instantly improve your recording
– Keep time with an adjustable metronome
– Apply a custom title and image to your music via Soundcloud (free Soundcloud account required)
– Works on iPad 2, iPad (3rd gen), iPad (4th gen), iPad mini and above
– Support for iOS 6 and above
Pricing and Availability: